Occupational therapy for adults, children and adolescents
Setting up an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org Therapist’s webpage (in Estonian): www.tegevusterapeut.ee
Prices: Occupational therapy children/adults – 35 euro; Family counselling 45 euro
Working languages: English and Estonian
Generally speaking occupational therapy is concentrated on the areas of the client’s life in which it is important to the client to obtain on maintain independent participation.
Occupational therapists are specialised on a wide variety of aspects of human life, I work with adults in the field of mental health, and with children.
Mental health occupational therapy for adults: The aspects of a person’s life addressed in therapy might be (but are not limited to) self-esteem, self-regulation, social and interpersonal skills, participation in working life, caring for children, inclusion in community life, caring for one’s mental and physical health, body image, stress management, sleep, cognitive abilities etc.
A few examples of activities you might come across in mental health occupational therapy:
- Exploring and getting to know your emotions
- Learning and practicing relaxation techniques
- Practicing social skills, role play
- Creative activities
- Analysing every-day situations through the cognitive-behavioural frame of reference
Occupational therapy with children is aimed towards supporting the child and developing the child’s abilities in the fields and activities where he/she requires additional skills, advice, developing of the functional skills, adapting the environment or application of aids.
Your child may benefit from occupational therapy if…
- Their development has not been age appropriate
- They have a physical disability
- They have mood and/or behavioural problems
- They have developed a learning disability
- They need help developing social skills